Enter the 2020 RASC Mississauga Astrophotography Contest
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Solar System: Planetary images, lunar images, conjunctions, International Space
Station, solar images
Deep Sky: Any deep space object: nebulas, galaxies, open and closed clusters,
objects from any deep space catalogue—M, NCG, IC, SH, and so on. Broadband,
narrow band, or blended. Narrow band objects must adhere to accepted colour
palettes: SHO, Hubble, HOO, etc. Custom colour pallets will not be accepted.
Nightscape: Wide-field images that include land or no land. Must have a major
target, for example, a comet, a lunar image, a deep space object.
Smartphone: Images taken with a smartphone; on or off a telescope.
- You must be a memeber is good standing with the RASC Mississauga Centre.
- The image must be from this year and taken in Canada.
- There are two sets of categories for submissions: General Entry and Master Class.
Note: Previous winners will be placed in the Master Class.
- The ranking will be first, second, and third.
- At least three entrants need to be entered per category for judges to consider images for ranking.
- The image must be your own acquisition.
Note: Data processed from outside sources will not be accepted. Images taken using remote telescope services such as iTelescope, Slough, and the RASC remote telescope are not allowed.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
How to Submit:
- You can make as many submissions as you like
- Image Format: JPG, TIFF, PNG less than 20Mb in size
- Submissions should be made by email with the image attached.
- Copy the form below into your email and fill it out.
- Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure no signature appears on the images for anominity during judging.
Copy the form below into your email:
Don’t forget to attach your image!